£80,000 - £85,000
23818 – NK (B)
over 2 years ago
Head of Health, Safety and Environment
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Health, Safety and Environment with a global pharmaceutical business based near Edgware, North West London. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Leadership and Health and Safety Team.
Reporting to the organisation’s Site Leader, as the successful Head of Health, Safety and Environment you will benefit from an autonomous and diverse position with a genuine opportunity make the role your own, while leading a transformation of change project across the vast and challenging site.
This is a fantastic chance to work for a well-established global leader, who have an excellent reputation in their field. You will be instrumental in leading and supporting the organisation to drive their health, safety and environmental standards and culture forward.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Highly invested in organisation, with an exciting CAPEX budget for development projects
- Incredible opportunity to shape the role as your own
- Autonomy to put your safety stamp on the organisation
- Well renowned business with an impeccable reputation within their field
- Stable and expanding business, with extensive 30% year on year growth
- Supportive senior leadership team, with full commitment to health and safety
As the Head of Health, Safety and Environment you will be responsible for:
- Taking the strategic lead for Health, Safety and Environment, aligning standards with best practice
- Creating new policies and procedures and ensuring these are truly embedded at all levels across the organisation
- Creating health, safety and environmental management systems and maintaining accreditations
- Leading a transformational change project across the site, further increasing a positive health and safety culture
- Creating and developing a dynamic and business partnered health, safety and environmental team
The successful Head of Health, Safety and Environment will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification
- Have significant health, safety and environmental experience gained within a similar manufacturing or engineering environment
- Be a people focused individual, who is passionate about changing cultures and behaviours
- Be a strategically minded individual, operating at a similar level, who is also happy to operate in a hands-on capacity if required
- Have proven experience delivering successful transformational change projects
- Have existing leadership and management skills, ideally having built a function with a proven track record of success
In return, the successful Head of Health, Safety and Environment will be offered a salary of between £80-85k, plus private medical, 6% pension, 4 x life assurance, and 15% bonus (with the opportunity to overachieve).
Interviews will be available shortly, please apply now to ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity.