£60k - 70k per year + Package
almost 2 years ago
Head of Health, Safety and Environment - 60k-70k plus extensive package covering sites inside and outside of the M25
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and significant, Head of Health, Safety and Environment position to join a highly reputable Infrastructure and Construction organisation, covering a prestigious Infrastructure project within the M25. This nationally recognised, market leading company have been involved with a number of ground breaking projects and contracts across the UK, while this operational and strategic position will allow the successful candidates to have a huge influence across a major project covering Greater London.
The Head of Health, Safety and Environment will have a unique opportunity to develop new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead Health and Safety within the business. Reporting directly to the Project Director, the appointed Head of Health, Safety and Environment will directly manage and lead a team of experienced professionals to achieve specific tasks and also have the opportunity to build the team further.
This excellent opportunity offers an exceptional platform for a Health and Safety professional to enhance their career further and represent a renowned industry leader who are ever increasing their project portfolio across all forms of Infrastructure and Construction.
The significant but hugely positive challenge will include attending regular client and internal meetings, develop strategies, policies and objectives for the organisation and strive towards their visions.
Key responsibilities of this strategic and operational role include:
· Managing and leading a team of Health, Safety and Environmental professionals
· Attend regular client, contractor and internal meetings
· Reviewing the organisations Safety, Health, Environment and Quality policies and procedures, creating strategic proposals and gaining commitment from the board to develop these across the business
· Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
· Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
· Create and implement initiatives
· Site inspections, audits, accident investigations as required.
The successful Head of Health, Safety and Environment will hold:
· Experience within the Civil Engineering, Construction, Rail or Utilities industries
· NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as a minimum
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Previous experience leading and managing a team
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare and challenging opportunity which is a incredible career opportunity.
If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today by sending your most up to date CV to email@example.com
In return the salary is £60-£70k + company car + fuel card + pension scheme + family health care + 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays + 10% discretionary bonus