£55k - 58k per year
about 2 years ago
Head of Safety Quality and Environment - £55K to £58k + extensive package – Dover – Manufacturing / Engineering
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for a prestigious and renowned organisation. They have an incredibly exciting and rewarding position for a Head of Safety Quality and Environment to join a thriving and busy environment and work alongside a dedicated health and safety team.
This position will offer the successful candidate a challenging but rewarding opportunity to continually develop the health and safety cultures. With incredible support from the top-level management in promoting health and safety cultures, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
The Head of Safety Quality and Environment successful will report directly to the Director of Finance, with in-house support from a professional previously executed the role themselves this position offers support and guidance to help you excel within this role!
Taking responsibility for strategic health and safety functions, no two days will be the same! The successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and safety queries and concerns and work with an already pro-active workforce to achieve exceptional standards in Health and Safety. This significant but hugely positive venture will include supporting the health and safety team and ensuring behavioural health and safety is of a superior level and utilising your skills and knowledge to be a personal influence.
The Key Health and Safety duties for this opportunity include:
- Leading the health and safety team and advising with regard to all health and safety matters.
- Facilitate the Health and Safety strategy across the organisation.
- Ensure that the health and safety management systems are maintained and audited.
- To inform management of any non-compliance issues
- To ensure that quality, health, safety and environmental documentation is in line with legislation and that required plans are produced and approved.
- Ensuring operational duties are adhered to
The successful Head of Safety Quality and Environment will:
- Have experience working within a Manufacturing Engineering, Logistics or Construction industry.
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as a minimum.
- Demonstrable experience conducting post-incident investigations and accident management.
- Have Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hold a full UK driving licence
We will be interviewing and shortlisting candidates for this position over the coming two weeks. If you are interested in discussing this further, please contact email@example.com