£55k - 60k per year
01252 759 162
10 months ago
I am currently looking for Head of Health, Safety and Security for a fantastic Charitable organisation based in Surrey.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation who are less focussed on their annual profits but more around the management of their amazing sites. As the Lead for Health, Safety and Security you will be exposed to a range of different sites throughout the UK with a really flexible working arrangement that ensures a positive work/life balance. The successful candidate will have access to a number of highly desired events throughout a yearly period as well as having one of the most aesthetically pleasing office bases in the UK.
As the Head of Health, Safety and Security your responsibilities will include:
· Acting as the organisations competent person for health and safety and provide support, advice and guidance to ensure employees, volunteers and contractors comply with legislation, company policy and procedures and where practicable, best practice.
· Maintain a programme of monthly site visits including the organisations events to monitor and measure health, safety and security performance and ensure compliance with policies and procedures and any risks posed by the organisations activities or its contractors are controlled to an acceptable level.
· Support the organisation in meeting and delivering its strategic objectives and corporate social responsibilities.
· Maintain an overview of health and safety performance and work with the estates team and other project managers to ensure health and safety is well managed within the Organisations strategic investment programme.
The ideal Head of Health, Safety and Security will be/have:
· Qualified to a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 qualification within Occupational Health and Safety (NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma)
· Ideally hold a Chartered Membership with IOSH (CMIOSH) yet open to those who are in the process of obtaining this with relevant senior experience at a GradIOSH level.
· Experience carrying out both strategic and operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Charitable, Agricultural and Landscaping organisations yet open to other relevant Public Facing multi-disciplined backgrounds that have similar dynamics).
· Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships across multiple sites to improve a wider safety culture. A facilitator, an enabler, influencer
In return, the successful Head of Health, Safety and Security will be offered a salary of up to GBP60,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you dont miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.