£70k - 80k per year
01252 759 162
7 months ago
Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality - 80K plus extensive package – Based near Alfreton
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Health, Safety, Environment and Quality professional to join a growing and nationally recognised multidisciplined business. An organisation who have fantastic core values and are going through a period of growth, will be able to offer the suitable candidate the opportunity to progress their career further in a diverse and challenging environment.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality function, the successful candidate will take the lead and maintain an excellent Health and Safety culture. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include writing policies and procedures, maintaining and developing management systems and manage a growing team.
The Head of HSEQ will report into an office near Alfreton and will also visit sites and premises nationally as required.
The Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will be responsible for:
- Attending regular client, internal and contractor meetings
- Implementing and maintaining the business management systems.
- Managing and leading a growing team of Advisors
- Writing and reviewing policies and procedures
- Site inspections, audits and accident investigations.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience working in either Construction, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Heavy Engineering or Waste industries.
- Experience managing and developing a team.
- Previous experience in managing and implementing management systems
- NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is highly preferable.
- Full UK Driving licence
In return the salary is £70k - £80k + Car allowance (£6k) + travel expenses + 6% employer contributory pension scheme + 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays + Discretionary bonus + Private Healthcare
Please note the deadline for applications is 10th January 2020 and suitable candidates will be contacted before and after this date.