£55k - 65k per year
01252 759 162
about 2 months ago
Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality – £65K plus extensive package – Hybrid working
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an exciting and significant Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality position to join one of the largest UK Energy, Facilities Management and Utilities service providers. This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work within a high profile organisation who have a national portfolio.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development and improvement of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality function, the successful candidate will take the lead and maintain an excellent Health and Safety culture. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include supporting the business to achieve best practice in all aspects of HSEQ, maintaining and developing management systems and manage and develop a growing team.
This flexible and hybrid working position will require travel predominantly across the North of England and Scotland and occasionally on a national basis. The position will also report into an office based near Newcastle once a week or fortnightly.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality are:
- Support in the development and implementation of the HSEQ strategy
- Lead and develop a team of HSEQ and Facilities Management professionals
- Implement and maintain the business management systems and accreditations
- Support, coach and mentor individuals both inside and outside of the HSEQ function
- Co-ordinate the internal audit programme.
- Support the business to ensure continual improvement
- Review HSEQ performance including the output of certain activities, to identify root cause analysis and corrective actions needed
- To ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards
The successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality must hold:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience working within the Energy, Retail, Facilities Management, Utilities industries or similar.
- Detailed knowledge of ISO standards including 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Full UK drivers’ licence
In return the successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will receive:
- Basic salary of £55,000 - £65,000
- Bonus up to 15%
- Company car or car allowance (£5.8k)
- Travel expenses
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private medical for individual
- Pension scheme: 4% employee and 8% employer contribution
- Life cover insurance 3 x salary
To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately or contact me on email@example.com Quoting reference MM27021