£80k - 90k per year + Package
over 1 year ago
Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality – Home Based
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality with a globally recognised, high-risk infrastructure and services business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, as the successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, you will benefit from working with a committed senior leadership team with a positive attitude towards safety. Being one of the most senior in HSEQ for a nationally recognised infrastructure organisation that is part of a global conglomerate, this is a truly strategic role where you will be setting the direction for health and safety across the division and have the opportunity to utilise your skills in leadership to help the business transform their health and safety culture.
Operating from home, with some weekly travel to the 3-4 sites under your remit around the UK, this is an excellent chance to work for an organisation who strive for the highest levels of health and safety standards and are ambitious in all aspects of their business growth and performance.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Chance to join a diverse and high-risk business, who are a leading infrastructure and construction contractor, renowned for their exceptional Health and Safety standards
- Incredible opportunity to shape the role as your own and become a health and safety leader in an organisation who can offer you full support and excellent resources.
- Opportunities for progression within the wider group and global business
- Access to key stakeholders within the business, giving you an excellent opportunity to influence change and make a real impact on safety performance.
- Work for a prestigious and diverse organisation, who truly value their staff and will help develop you personally and professionally.
As the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider business leaders in deploying and implementing new HSEQ initiatives and priorities
- Managing and leading your own team to ensure thorough effectiveness from HSEQ across the whole business
- Creating new policies and procedures to set the HSEQ strategy, ensuring these are truly embedded at all levels across the organisation
- Prioritising risk initially, assessing what needs immediate attention and creating action plans to rectify.
- Leading a transformational behavioural change project across the business, further increasing a positive health and safety culture
The Successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification
- Have significant health, safety and environmental experience gained within large national or international multi-site and high-risk organisations
- Be a people focused individual, who is passionate about changing cultures and behaviours
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating at board level with a fast paced and complex large organization as well as engaging at an operational level
- Have existing leadership and management skills, having built a function with a proven track record of success
In return, the successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will be offered between £80k-£90k, plus a 20% Bonus, up to 8% Matched Pension, 4 x Life Assurance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Family Private Medical, Company Car or £8,000 Car allowance.
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application.