£70k - 80k per year
01252 759 162
15 days ago
Head of HSE – Up to £80,000 + £8,000 Car Allowance + 15% Bonus – Working from home with UK wide remit (Approx. 70% WFH / 30% Travel) – Leading FM Provider
Principal People are delighted to have been exclusively retained to undergo a search for a Head of HSE for a leading FM service provider, who are looking for someone to Head up HSE across a division that consists of over 10,000 employees. Managing a team of 1 direct report, and 11 indirect reports across service contracts.
You will be acting as a key component in interpreting group wide initiatives, and implementing, adapting and communicating strategy through your division which comprises of total FM services across a number of key government contracts.
This will be a fascinating opportunity to work for a global organisation that is currently operating from a solid and successful foundation, whilst being able to individually shape HSE performance across your division.
You will have access to key decision makers, both in UK&I operations and also the divisional directors and stakeholders to achieve influence. The role will be a mixture of strategic thinking and planning, and operationally implementing – mostly through matrix management and building relationships with operational delivery.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will lead divisional HSE with over 10,000 employees as part of a multi-billion pound organisation with plenty of opportunity for future transition / progression within the organisation
- You will be able to influence key stakeholders both nationally and divisionally, and truly take responsibility for your division. Shaping it as you see fit
- You will be supported by 5 other heads of function within your division, as well as a national team of 12 HSE Managers to help deliver the initiatives that you influence and set
- Because of the variety of services that the company provide and the variety of clients that the company serves – including catering, cleaning, security services, front of house staff, energy management, building services
Key priorities of the role of this Head of HSE are:
- Leading HSE strategy and operational HSE performance within a 10,000+ employee division of the organisation
- Managing a team of 1 direct report, with matrix / indirect management of a team of 11 HSE Managers across the UK
- Interpreting country and global initiatives, policies and procedures and implementing this across the division in which you are responsible, whilst also implementing your own style and ways of working within the function
- Being an agent of continual improvement in relation to divisional culture, HSEQ / Risk Management policy and accountability within the division
- Sharing best practice with other Head of HSE peers within the business, as well as influencing operations through the other heads of departments that you would work closely with
The ideal Head of HSE will possess:
- Experience of truly leading HSE across a multi-site / multi-service company, ideally within an FM environment. If not coming from this industry or working for a company of this size, someone that can enter this type on environment and transition seamlessly
- Someone that is an excellent communicator in all senses of the word. This role will be communicating with and influencing a number of key stakeholders, as well as operational / contract workers – therefore, it is essential that this person can build relationships and drive change through others
- A degree or level 6 safety qualification (NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ Level 6, BSc, NVQ
In return the successful Group Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager will receive:
- Basic salary of £70,000 to £80,000
- Company car or car allowance (£8,000)
- Bonus of 15% of annual salary (£10,500 to £12,000)
- £1,300 flexible benefit allowance
- Private Healthcare
To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately or contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 26706