£58.5k - 63.5k per year
01252 759 162
about 2 months ago
I am currently assisting one of the UK’s leading Universities with a key appointment to the post of Head of Safety Infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of Safety Services and as part of the Safety Services Leadership Team this role will work in partnership with the senior leadership team to create a proactive and positive safety culture across all Infrastructure functions within the organisation’s portfolio.
This exciting leadership role will work in collaboration with the Estates Leadership Team to provide advice and assurance relating to all areas of risk relating to the Universities infrastructure or associated safety management and compliance with statutory obligations.
With a background and professional qualification in health and safety, you will possess a proven track record of delivering health and safety management initiatives that drive organisational change and performance improvement. You will have the ability to engage and positively influence key stakeholders across the University and associated third party organisations.
This position will be predominantly based in central London with occasional travel within local area yet due to the flexible working arrangement we are able to consider candidates based throughout the UK.
The appointed Head of Infrastructure Safety will be responsible for:
- Leading, coaching, and further developing a high-performing and customer focused team of safety professionals that will play a significant role in oversight of safety compliance and performance within the Universities infrastructure remit.
- Influencing and challenging the existing procedural models to offer assurances and continuous improvement in relation to the management of statutory obligations, construction and contractor management to enable the university to remain at the forefront of sector developments.
- Lead the design, implementation and delivery of a framework for monitoring of the Universities activities in relation to estate infrastructure including appointed contractors to offer assurance of a consistent standard of excellence in regard to safety.
The ideal candidate for the Head of Infrastructure Safety role will:
- A visionary leader with strategic planning and senior leadership qualities.
- NEBOSH Diploma level qualification or equivalent
- Chartered Member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) (or actively working towards chartership)
- Significant experience of successfully devising and implementing safety management systems and projects related to infrastructure
- Significant Leadership and management experience in complex organisations
- Experience in management of specialist teams Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to operate successfully at a senior level and to build positive relationships
- Relevant infrastructure qualification or experience
This is a fantastic opportunity within one of the leading Russell Group Universities in the UK and will be highly sort from candidates throughout the country due to the flexible base location. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.