£85k - 90k per year + Package
about 2 years ago
Head of Land
A unique newly created opportunity has arisen for the position of Head of Land within a leading provider of housing.
Reporting to the Director of Land and working closely with the Development and Sales teams you will benefit from significant exposure at executive and board level, working with a fast paced and dynamic senior leadership team. This role will be supported by a sizable Land team that you will have the ability to shape and develop the makeup of this team aligned with the associations ambitious plan to deliver 2000 new homes per year.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Land professional to work for a business with a social heart and commercial focus. Within the Development directorate you can expect to be surrounded by passionate professionals that embrace a dynamic, collaborative culture, embodied by a solution focused approach.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- A rare opportunity to join a resilient association with a solid development foundation that is heavily backed by the executive team and the CEO
- As it is newly created, the role comes with autonomy and the incredible opportunity to shape the role as your own
- The role has direct access to all key stakeholders within the organisation, with impact potential with the board, reporting directly into the Land Director who has been with the organisation for over 10 years
- You will be part of an ambitions but development pipeline that will be delivering 2000 homes per year
As the Head of Land, you will be responsible for:
- Deputising for the Land Director as required and lead on joint venture projects with other industry leading organisations
- Driving the Land teams ambition plans with the support of the other heads of service
- Maintaining the strong relationships, the business holds within developers and local authorities as well as forging your own new relations
- Ensuring all property transactions have been critically analysed /assessed for viability, ROI and risk to ensure synergy with the development plan
The successful Head of Land will:
- Have significant and relevant experience operating at Head of Service, Assistant Director/Director Level or above
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating at board level with a fast paced and growth minded organization, but happy to work operational when required and lead from the front
- Possess the ability to develop excellent relationships and networks with both internal and external stakeholders
- Have experience in securing a range of Land pipeline through JV’s, Land led, Section 106 and Strategic Land
In return, the successful Head of Land will be offered a salary up to £90,000, 28 days leave per year plus bank holidays on top, matched pension scheme of up to 12%, development and training opportunities as well as a host of well-being and corporate benefits.