£65k - 80k per year
01252 759 162
2 months ago
Senior Project Manager – Development and Construction
A fantastic senior opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Manager to join one of the fastest growing transport and logistics companies within the UK. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner for this role, working in collaboration to identify a best in class Project Manager for their development and construction projects.
Reporting to the Management board, as the successful Project Manager you will benefit from working alongside a committed collective of key stakeholders. Managing a team of Development and Maintenance specialists, this is a strategic role where you will be involved in setting the direction for future and existing projects as the company continues to grow.
Operating flexibly across the UK network of sites, This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-established business who are now ready to take the next evolutionary step in expanding the expertise within their business. With a great deal of new projects and a chance to make an impact, this is an exciting time to join the business and lead the team to achieve further success.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is a newly created position, with autonomy and responsibility for reshaping the organisations procedures and property development strategy
- It is a broad role with Senior Management level responsibilities and the opportunity to be involved in wider business planning, with close liaison with the senior management team
- The organisation continues to expand despite the current climate, with a host of blue chip clients
- There is constant reinvestment into the business and aggressive growth plan
- The organisation are an agile organisation where there is quick decision-making speed
- If successful, there is a clear development path in place for this role
As the Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Building and leading collaborative, capable and responsive property development and maintenance Teams to service a growing business
- Managing the development of a wide scope of sites including but not limited to warehouses, rail depots, container logistics sites and portside property
- Establishing relationships and working partnerships with leading third party contractors and other suppliers delivering best in class performance
- Leading the programme for the refurbishment of existing and acquired sites
- Delivering change management, from a reactive approach to forward thinking and reliable programmes
- Professionalise and modernise the department through the introduction of enhanced systems, processes and procedures
- Development of new greenfield and brownfield sites both through in house delivery and outsourced supply chain
The successful Senior Project Manager will:
- Be an inspirational and engaging leader, with team leadership experience and capability
- Ideally the successful candidate will have experience within development works
- Have strength of character and an ability to deal with contractors and stakeholders in a collaborative way
- Be a self-starter and willing to solve complex issues without guidance
- Have the ability to engage the wider organisation, gaining their buy-in and commitment to change
- Have experience of working with a property portfolio within similar organisations within an owner / occupier environment
- Have a degree related to the profession i.e. Civil Engineering or similar
In return, the successful Senior Project Manager will be offered a competitive senior level basic salary, with total remuneration including a bonus scheme, pension, and company car.
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application, or alternatively please contact Tom Minshell at Principal People.