£70-90K + Car / Car allowance and package
01252 759 162
about 1 year ago
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Head of Risk & Assurance for Veolia which will cover their commercial and municipal divisions on a 12-month fixed term contract.
Veolia are an award-winning Energy, Water and Waste specialist and a sought-after employer with a long-standing reputation for excellence. This is a unique opening within the leadership team, proving a unique career progressing opportunity for the successful candidate’s career. The role will require both a strategic implementation and operational approach to overseeing risk, health, and safety across their municipal and commercial divisions.
Reporting to the Chief Risk and Assurance Officer for the Veolia Group and as part of the Senior Leadership Team across the two divisions, the primary function of the Head of Risk & Assurance is to implement and deliver the strategic plan for developing and embedding a positive health and safety culture within the business. Managing a team of HSEQ professionals, this role will involve ensuring that robust systems and procedures are in place to embed effective risk management across all sites, activities, and staff.
Working for a modern, fast-paced business, the Head of Risk & Assurance will enjoy autonomy and variety across their working week. Based predominantly one of their main office locations in Cannock, Warrington, London, Padworth or St Ives (Cambridge), this is a multi-site position with travel required to other operational sites.
The successful Head of Risk & Assurance will be responsible for:
- Leading and inspiring the existing health and safety team to develop and deliver a forward thinking approach to Risk, Health and Safety and Assurance
- Generating and maintaining business processes which create a streamlined and effective method of managing health and safety, assessing business performance through leading and lagging indicators and identifying trends
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to ensure effective risk management throughout the organisation
- Providing expert advice, assurance and input to the strategy for the business and for clients as a core member of the Senior Leadership team
- Ensuring a positive and pro-active health and safety culture is embedded and upheld
- Being a key team member for investigation reviews to determine lessons learnt
The ideal individual will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma / a degree in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment or have an equivalent qualification
- Possess excellent leadership and people management skills
- Have demonstrable experience in leading and implementing strategy
- Have a proven track record within large, delivery focused organisations, ideally within infrastructure, water and utilities, energy, construction, waste, facilities management or similar
- Have the gravitas to work with and influence a range of stakeholders within the Veolia senior leadership teams and clients
- Be able to work closely and collaborate with operational staff and key clients to help and assist them to achieve their goals with a coaching supportive style.
- Have a high energy, pragmatic, solutions focused approach, able to adapt and flex based on organisational requirements
- Possess a high level of intellect with excellent written and verbal communication skills and an exceptional eye for detail.
The organisation offers a competitive salary and generous package including car allowance, a defined contributory pension, Private healthcare, a retention bonus and life assurance benefits.
Principal People have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Risk and Assurance team. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please apply to Josh Huggins or Thomas Minshell at Principal People to register your interest in the role. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to them.