£40k - 45k per year
about 2 years ago
- Are you an experienced Health and Safety Advisor looking to step up to become a Health and Safety Manager without having to manage a team of people?
- Are you an individual that is looking for an autonomous role, where you are in charge of your own diary?
- Are you a hands-on Health and Safety professional within a small-to-medium organisation that is looking to join one of the UKs leading fashion retailers?
If you find yourself relating to any of the above questions, then we have an opportunity that could be of real interest to you.
Health and Fire Safety Manager – Retail – Home based with national travel - £40,000 to £45,000 plus company car and package
Principal People are proud to be exclusively partnered with one of the UKs leading fashion retailers to identify a Health and Fire Safety Manager.
You will be visiting UK stores, building relationships with a receptive group of Store Managers ensuring that stores are compliant, engaged with safety and continuously improving standards.
Your role will be approximately 75% fire safety focused and 25% health and safety focused, so experience and knowledge of conducting Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs) is essential in this role.
As the Health and Fire Safety Manager you will be:
- Visiting independent high street stores, as well as other stores located inside shopping centres and shopping villages
- Ensuring that policies and processes that are already in place are being adhered to and continually improving
- Verifying the Fire Risk Assessments that have already been done in-store
- Involved in the opening of new stores, liaising with project managers and direct members of staff
Why this is a great opportunity
- This is an autonomous opportunity that will allow you the flexibility to arrange your own diary. Not only this, but whilst working for a household name brand!
- The company invest in their staff, and will help you gain extra qualifications and industry experience to ensure continued CPD
- You will be part of a positive safety team, that are highly thought of in the wider business. The safety team are a valued part of the company
As the Health and Fire Safety Manager you will need
- To be NEBOSH General Certificate qualified (minimum)
- To have a detailed understanding and experience of conducting and / or verifying Fire Risk Assessments
- To be prepared that this role will include national travel, and that may mean staying overnight from time to time (fully funded by the company, of course)
Salary and package
- £40,000 to £45,000
- Company car
- Staff discount
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holiday)
To declare your interest in this position, please apply to this role or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org