£38k - 46k per year + Excellent Package
01252 759 162
2 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor - Education, Entertainment Industry (TV, Theatre, etc), Property Management, Manufacturing (Fashion, design, etc) £38,000 - £46,000 + excellent package – London
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be part of an organisation who is going through significant change within a role that has opportunity to work within one of the leading fine arts Higher Education organisations in the UK with a range of different sites and staff under your remit. You will report into the Head of Health and Safety within a creative environment to help promote the health and safety management systems while working with different departments advising on H&S policy and procedures.
As the Health and Safety and Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Provide the Director of H&S, the Head of H&S, the Pro-Vice Chancellor and the Senior leadership teams with a trusted source of professional expertise, advice and support in health and safety.
- Monitor compliance with relevant legislation including creating regular reports on health and safety performance through investigating accidents and incidents, taking part in audits, undertaking inspections, overseeing risk assessments, providing health and safety training.
- Work with the Senior leadership team to create, monitor and update the H&S management procedures to ensure they are effective, comprehensive and that compliance with H&S legal requirements is achieved.
- Undertake investigations into significant and potentially significant accidents, incidents and near misses in accordance with the University’s procedures.
- To drive the health and safety agenda by providing information and leadership on health and safety topics to managers, head teachers and all levels of staff.
- Deliver health and safety inductions, training and briefings, advise on health and safety competence issues and training requirements for staff and students.
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Level 5 or 6 H&S Diploma e.g. NEBOSH or NCRQ or equivalent professional qualification (Will consider candidates working towards this with extremely tangible experience)
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Entertainment Industry (TV, Theatre etc), Manufacturing industry (Fashion, design etc), or Property Management.
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who can engage staff and increase Health and Safety buy across the organisation.
- A problem-solving attitude and experience of working with senior teams to change culture is essential.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £46,000 + package including an exceptional 34 days annual leave plus bank holiday, remote working, healthcare schemes and a great pension.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today