£26k - 38.5k per year
01252 759 162
10 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor – £26,000 - £38,500 plus benefits – West Midlands
We have partnered with a resident and people centred housing association to search for a Health and Safety Advisor that will help to create an innovative approach to safety working alongside a talented team of health, safety & fire safety professionals.
They provide housing in the West Midlands that people can afford. Through dedicated care and support services this Housing Association make a real difference to people’s lives. The association truly work with its residents, customers, and partners to make sure our services, people, communities, and homes are the best they can possibly be.
The main person purpose of this role is to support, develop and deliver strategies for health and safety within the maintenance department through proactive and confident monitoring of health and safety and initiating remedial action where necessary.
As Health and Safety Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Advising and actively promote health and safety and its effective management across Maintenance operations to embed a culture of health and safety compliance in accordance with the needs and resources of the business.
- Assisting in the undertaking of serious accident/incident investigations and prepare professionally written and concise, practical reports for senior management recommending action for improvement to mitigate recurrences.
- Managing effective Risk Assessment processes with the engagement of managers.
- Assisting in and/or supervise health and safety inspections, building risk assessments and audits as agreed.
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General certificate
- Experienced in provision of advice at all levels and in audit and safety inspections
- Experience of managing and reporting on health and safety management compliance
- Experience of working in maintenance/construction in the Social Housing sector or a similar residential property-based environment
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work essential.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a starting salary of up to £38,500 plus a competitive package including Flexible Working & Home Working a commitment to CPD and further qualifications, 25 Days Leave + Bank Holidays on top.
This is an urgent requirement, and we have immediate interview availability on 30th September and 1st October. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today on 02037622793 or email email@example.com to express your interest.