£30k - 35k per year
almost 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting career opportunity for a Health and Safety Advisor, to join a well-established, highly reputable Food Manufacturing organisation based in Winthorp Nottinghamshire.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in an extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for the three factories on the Winthorp site, looking after the overall Health and Safety on a day to day basis and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards Health and Safety standards. In return our client can offer you training and development opportunities and a chance to put your own stamp on the role.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Operations Manager.
As a as Health and Safety Advisor the role will cover all aspects and matters relating to Health and Safety within the facility, integrating a common-sense approach into the business needs. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- To promote he highest level of awareness and compliance in all aspects of site Health and Safety.
- Deliver sustainable improvements to the facility and help to develop a cultural change in the mindset of all employees.
- Reporting of accident statistics, RIDDOR reports as required and the review of near miss forms.
- Develop and implement risk assessments, safe systems of work and manufacturing operating procedures.
- Support managers in accident investigations, ensuring correct reporting and review and feedback on the quality of accident investigations.
- Supporting in the implementation of health & safety toolkits, in order to promote a strong Health and Safety culture.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Training.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a food manufacturing company or similar although not essential.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary up to £35,000 depending on qualifications and experience, with a benefits package including; pension of up to 5% match and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.