£35k - 43.5k per year
almost 2 years ago
I am currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a Local Government organisation based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be part of an organisation who is going through significant change within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied role that will ultimately develop and diversify your experience within Health and Safety and provide you a long-lasting sense of challenge and job satisfaction.
As the Health and Safety and Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct a range of health and safety audits and inspections of the organisation’s workplaces following a planned programme. Producing written reports showing qualitative and quantitative assessments and an Action Plan to be produced within 5 working days of the visit. Making timely formal follow-ups of Action Plans produced following inspection and audit visits.
- Carrying out Disability Access Audits and Fire Risk Assessments at sites within the local area. This will involve a full audit of existing provision and recommendations for improvement.
- Ensuring the accident and incident database is up to date and the reporting of incidents to enforcing authorities in in compliance with statutory requirements. Assisting establishments in the investigation of accidents, assaults or dangerous occurrences producing a written report where required.
- Provide advice and guidance on new & changed legislation and the organisations policies
- Drive wholesale improvement in the Councils Health and Safety culture to ensure better training, identification of risk, management of health and safety, reporting of incidents and accountability.
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (Ideally is a Graduate Member of IOSH)
- at least 3 years’ experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Local Authority, Education among other public sector run organisations)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused Approach.
- Possess experience carrying out Fire Safety training and Conducting fire risk assessments.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £42,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.