£20k - 25k per year
over 1 year ago
Health and Safety Advisor - Manufacturing – up to £25,000 per annum
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a very successful engineering organisation.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, high energy environment, with no one day being the same. You will be responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety, whilst being a part of dynamic and forward-thinking team.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the General Manager and have a dotted line report to the Health and Safety Manager, who can mentor and offer advice and guidance.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety on site, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns regarding this. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and carrying out daily duties such as conducting toolbox talks, doing risk assessments and method statements and carrying out audits as and when needed.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Looking after the day to day health and safety on an operational basis.
- Interacting with the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions.
- Carrying out audits across the sites as and when needed and making sure the sites are adhering to the standards.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will hold:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
With the opportunity to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.