£30k - 35k per year
about 2 years ago
Health and Safety Advisor – Distribution – up to £35K+ Package – Coventry
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a rapidly growing, market leading distribution organisation based near Coventry.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, dynamic engaging and high energy environment, with no one day being the same. You will be responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis on the Coventry site and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety, whilst being a part of dynamic and forward-thinking team. In return, the client can offer excellent support and will endeavour to train and develop you to the best of your ability.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety, where you will have opportunities to give input and advise to help build strategy for the company.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety on site, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns regarding this. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others, and working with the safety champions and managers to take responsibility for their own safety and to achieve standards of excellence on other sites.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the day to day health and safety on an operational basis.
- Interacting with and managing the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions.
- Carrying out audits across the sites as and when needed and making sure the sites are adhering to the standards.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will hold:
- Experience within Warehousing/Logistics/manufacturing ideally but other industries considered if the candidate shows the right attitude.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Demonstrable experience in improving behaviours and improving the health and safety culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
With the opportunity to work for a market leading organisation and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.