£28k - 33k per year
over 2 years ago
Health and Safety Advisor - Manufacturing – £28K – 33K – Corby
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a very successful manufacturing organisation based in Corby.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, high energy environment, with no one day being the same. You will be responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis on the Corby site, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety, whilst being a part of dynamic and forward-thinking team.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the General Manager and have a dotted line report to the Group Health and Safety Manager, who can mentor and offer advice and guidance.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety on site, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns regarding this. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others, and working with the operational workforce and managers to take responsibility for their own safety and to achieve standards of excellence on site.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with the General Manager to ensure a good standard of health and safety on site.
- Interacting with and engaging the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions.
- Carrying out audits across the sites as and when needed and making sure the sites are adhering to the standards.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will hold:
- Experience within a manufacturing/engineering or similar heavy industry. However other backgrounds will be considered for the right candidate.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
With the opportunity to invest and develop your career in an extremely successful company, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.