£35k - 37k per year
about 2 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor – Engineering/Manufacturing – up to £37,000 plus £5,000 car allowance.
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Health and Safety Advisor to join an International and renowned engineering company based with Aylesbury.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, high energy environment with no day being the same. You will be responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their proactive behaviours towards health and safety, whilst being a part of dynamic and forward-thinking team.
The successful Health and Advisor will report directly to the Regional Health and Safety Manager, who will support and encourage your development through coming up with forward thinking behavioural initiatives and implementing these on site.
This significant but hugely positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being proactive towards their health and safety approaches and creating an understanding of health and wellbeing and its importance to the workforce.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the day to day health and safety on an operational basis
- Interacting with and managing the workforce to be proactive towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to
- Reviewing the organisations health and safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions
- Contract Management; ensuring all contractors are adhering to safety standards and working with them to achieve proactive behaviours
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will hold:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures, ideally 3 years’ experience or more
- Excellent computer skills
The successful candidate will be offered a salary up to £37,000 depending on qualifications and experience with excellent benefits including a £5,000 car allowance, 4.5% match pension and 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
With the opportunity to work for exciting and forward-thinking organisation and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.