£30k - 40k per year
over 1 year ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created role for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a highly reputable Heavy Manufacturing organisation based near Royston, Hertfordshire.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a new standard for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Health and Safety function within the business.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Plant Manager, with a great opportunity to put an individual stamp on the organisation. A generous salary up to £40,000 plus benefits will be given to the successful applicant.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Health and Safety function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all health and safety queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing legacy policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of HSE across the business.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- To actively support the site team by offering the expertise and advice and influencing the local team to improve health and safety performance.
- To analyse and propose areas of improvement within the management system ensuring the continuous improvement process is managed effectively by the plant management team.
- To design and deliver necessary training sessions for the plant team.
- To ensure the site policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and improved.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will hold:
- Experience within Manufacturing or a similar industry would be desirable.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate to the plant team.
If this role is of interest for you please apply today, or contact Francheska Johnston via phone on 01252 954975 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the popularity of the role we can only contact candidates of interest.