£37k - 40k per year
3 months ago
Newly created Health and Safety Advisor opportunity – Salary up to £40,000 plus company car – Reading
I am currently seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to join one of the UK’s most successful electrical engineering organisation based in Reading with some travel to eight other sites within the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to make a difference. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same!
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be part of a cohesive and supportive environment, with the chance to make a real difference. The successful candidate will report directly to the HSE Director.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- This is an exciting newly created opportunity to work for an organisation who are well respected in their space and are continually expanding
- The company truly invest in their staff and can offer great development opportunities
- There is plenty of room for improvement within HSE so this is an excellent opportunity to really make your mark!
- Reporting directly to the HSE Director, the successful candidate will receive excellent support and mentoring
Core Health and Safety Advisor duties:
- Being visual on the shop floor and have a hands-on approach to health and safety
- Deliver behavioural safety initiatives
- Reviewing of risk assessments and safe systems of work and coaching management on these
- Coaching and guiding the operational team with respect to their HSE responsibilities
- Maintaining the ISO 14001, 9001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- Multi-site experience desired although not essential
- 2-3 years’ experience within an operational health and safety position
- Experience working in a manufacturing industry or similar although not essential
- Be a solution focussed practitioner with a passion about influencing positive safety culture
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary ranging from £37,000 - £40,000 depending on qualifications and experience plus 25 days holiday + bank holidays, contributory pension 4%/5% and a company car.