£40k per year
11 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor – £40,000
We have been exclusively retained by a Social Housing organisation who are a resident and people centred housing association to search for Health and Safety Advisor that will help to create an innovative approach to safety working alongside a talented team of health, safety & building safety professionals.
The organisation provide housing in London and Hertfordshire that people can afford. Through the 6,500 homes and dedicated care and support services, the organisation make a real difference to people’s lives. The association truly work with its residents, customers and partners to make sure our services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be through the £56m annual turnover.
The main person purpose of this role is to support the Senior Safety Advisor and the Head of Health and Safety with the delivery of training, incident investigations and supporting operational teams with queries. The role will work closely with residents and have the opportunity to contribute towards the organisations innovative approach to Building Safety.
Why is this an exceptional opportunity?
On top of working for an award-winning employer, you will be out on the ground working closely with residents and operational teams to ensure safe community’s, the association is a pioneer of building safety shaping the industry and learning from the findings of fellow early adopters. The organisation offer flexible working arrangements, support for CPD and a friendly collaborative working environment.
As the Health and Safety Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and report on the management of health and safety within the organisation and assist in providing advice and support to line managers as appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring that the relevant directors and managers are aware of changes in Health & Safety legislation or standards to the extent that these changes impact on their areas of responsibility.
- Oversee recording accidents and other health and safety data in addition to monitoring the data for completeness.
- To assist in the undertaking of serious accident/incident investigations and prepare professionally written and concise, practical reports for senior management recommending action for improvement to mitigate recurrences.
- To assist in and/or supervise health and safety inspections, building risk assessments and audits as agreed.
- To implement and monitor audit findings, ensuring actions resulting from health and safety checks and audits are addressed appropriately, escalating any significant issues that are not addressed to senior level where appropriate.
- To manage effective Risk Assessment processes with the engagement of managers.
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General or equivalent
- Experience working with property related compliance
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a starting salary of up to £40,000 plus a competitive package including flexible working & home working a commitment to CPD and further qualifications, 25 Days leave + bank holidays on top.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today on or email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.