£30k - 40k per year
01252 759 162
4 months ago
Health and Safety Advisor – Home based / Regional Travel (NW England) - £30,000 to £40,000 + Package - *Opportunity to progress to company Director / Shareholder*
Principal People are delighted to have been exclusively retained to identify a full-time permanent Health and Safety Advisor for a boutique health and safety consultancy business in the North West of England who are looking for a self-starting and autonomous safety professional to manage a selection of clients to support with their health and safety needs, with a view to becoming a company director in the future.
The company provide outsourced health and safety management services to small-to-medium sized businesses in the North West of England and act as their clients’ health and safety function. Therefore, you will be working with a selective amount of clients and supporting them with managing health and safety. This could be helping clients write risk assessments, conducting audits of their premises, writing policies and procedures and offering general day-to-day health and safety advice.
The service offering that is provided is personable, and truly relationship building with their customers. Therefore an ability to build relationships with small business owners and operational workers is key, as well as being a credible figure of helping support the requirements of the customer base.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- With the Managing Director of the business looking to take more of a strategic role within the business, there is an amazing opportunity for someone to come in and not just operationally provide a service to customers but also get an insight in to the operational management of a business. There is the opportunity in this role to genuinely develop in to a shareholding Director of the business moving forward
- The way that the organisation operate is to provide true value to their businesses, they build genuine relationships with their customers’ businesses and collaborate to continuously improve safety management within their companies
- You will have the flexibility to work from home, as well as having full autonomy over how your week / travel is managed
- You will be working with businesses from a range of different industries, including; Manufacturing, Logistics & Warehousing, Metal workshops
As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will be:
- Helping small-to-medium businesses manage their health and safety functions
- Building genuine relationships with customer businesses and being on hand to help them develop health and safety within their organisation/s
- Writing policies & procedures, conducting and helping clients conduct risk assessments, conducting audits of premises, updating clients in relation to legislative changes, making clients aware of relevant industry-specific regulations
- Managing your time between working from home administratively, and offering over-the-phone support to customers as well as visiting clients remotely and in-person
As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent preferred)
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience of working within the Manufacturing / Warehousing / Engineering industries (preferred but not essential)
- The willingness and capability of operating in an autonomous and self-managed role, taking accountability for your workload / travel / management of client base
In return, the successful candidate will be offered a basic salary of up to £40,000 plus package as well as the opportunity to develop in to a Director of the business in the future.
To ensure you do not miss out on the opportunity and with interview availability over the next 2 weeks, please click apply or email your CV directly to email@example.com to be considered for the role.