£35k - 40k per year
over 1 year ago
HSE Business Partner – Slough – up to £40,000 + Company car and attractive benefits.
Principal People are thrilled to be recruiting for a Health and Safety Business Partner to join a one of the UK’s largest companies within their sector.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work on a very autonomous basis, running your own diary and managing your working week how you see fit. Ideally the successful candidates will be based around the Slough area but this is flexible for the right candidate. You must have the ability to travel to the different sites that include the South, South East, London and West London.
The successful Health and Safety Business Partner will report directly to the Senior Health and Safety Business Partner. Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Health and Safety function across the various sites, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health, Safety and Environmental queries and concerns, working to encourage pro-active health and safety behaviours. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include coaching and advising senior management, maintaining good working relationships throughout the workforce with the ability to influence at all levels of a business and managing any changes needed through business requirements.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Proving all employees with health and safety training and induction training
- Ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work are regularly reviewed and update.
- Promote and raises Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) awareness and culture across all locations
- Providing support and advice to all locations as required on all SHE related issues
- Carrying out accident investigations and producing reports which identify causes and actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Analyses all accident data to identify trends and introduce safe controls where appropriate
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a SHE audits schedule
- Reviewing and Producing risk assessments and all other SHE documentation as necessary
- Meeting with suppliers and service providers when required to ensure they meet with company and legal requirements
- Organises and attends SHE committee meetings within business units
The successful Health and Safety Business Partner will hold:
- Experience within the retail/manufacturing sector although not essential
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health and Safety policies and procedures
- The ability to influence and encourage pro-active behaviours to improve the overall health and safety culture.
With excellent senior management interaction this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity to influence and make a difference. The successful applicant will receive a salary between £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience plus company car and benefits. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.