£43k - 46k per year
9 months ago
I am currently looking for a Health and Safety Business Partner to join a leading Education organisation based in the Midlands.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Business Partner you will be part of an organisation who is going through significant change within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied Estates team with a range of different sites and staff under your remit. You will be the lead for day to day operations in Health and Safety within the Projects and Planning team and will deputise for the Director of Health and Safety when necessary in this area.
As the Health and Safety Business Partner your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with key stakeholders within the Estates & Campus Services division in order to ensure health and safety standards are being met and improved where required
- Engaging in consultation with key stakeholders (through the medium of health and safety committee and forum meetings)
- Acting as a champion for health and safety and assisting the Director of Health & Safety in the roll out of the University health and safety improvement plan
- Supporting the Estates senior leadership team in driving a culture of positive change
- Engaging and working collaboratively with trade union representatives where required
- Delivering health and safety training
- Providing health and safety coaching to members of the Estates team to support development as necessary
- Monitoring contractor performance on site and, using best practice solutions, identify any issues requiring action and ensure these are effectively completed.
The ideal Health and Safety Business Partner will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (A degree in the Occupational Health and Safety is highly desirable yet are open to NVQ/NCRQ routes)
- A Chartered Membership with IOSH (open to candidate awaiting their peer interviews / confirmation of CMIOSH status)
- Experience carrying out operational and strategic Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Higher Education, Property Management / Property Development, Large FM providers)
- You will have significant experience in working within the built environment and a track record of delivering Health and Safety change and development in management services.
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who can engage staff and increase Health and Safety buy within the Estates team.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Business Partner will be offered a salary of up to £46,000 with scope to move further up the banding + an exceptional package.
This is an urgent requirement and with interviews looking to take place Monday 16th September. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.