£43k - 46k per year
7 months ago
I am currently looking for a Health and Safety Business Partner to join a leading Education organisation based in the Midlands.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Business Partner you will be part of an organisation who is going through significant change within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied Estates team with a range of different sites and staff under your remit. You will be the lead for day to day operations in Health and Safety within the Projects and Planning team and will deputise for the Director of Health and Safety when necessary in this area.
As the Health and Safety Business Partner your responsibilities will include:
- As the Health and Safety Business Partner, (projects and planning) you will be supporting the senior leadership teams to assist them is discharging their Health and Safety obligations.
- You will ensure the University's Health and Safety Strategy is supported and implemented across the projects we are undertaking. (both Major and Minor projects).
- You will be responsible for managing the relationships of key stakeholders – in-house staff, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Identifying, validating and shaping health and safety management system requirements
- Managing the health and safety responsibilities of the team to ensure the platform for managing compliance in the asset management area is robust and embedded and that the behaviours of all staff are reflective of our vision of being the best in the industry.
The ideal Health and Safety Business Partner will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (A degree in the Occupational Health and Safety is highly desirable yet are open to NVQ/NCRQ routes)
- A Chartered Membership with IOSH (open to candidate awaiting their peer interviews / confirmation of CMIOSH status)
- Experience carrying out operational and strategic Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Higher Education, Major Contractors, Property Management / Property Development and Construction)
- You will have a comprehensive knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations and the roles of the Duty Holders within. You will also be experienced in developing or scrutinising Pre-Construction phase plans, Health and Safety Files and critically examining the role / outputs of Principal Designers working on the organisation’s major projects.
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who can engage staff and increase Health and Safety buy within the Estates team.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Business Partner will be offered a salary of up to £46,000 with scope to move further up the banding + an exceptional package.
This is an urgent requirement and with interviews looking to take place Monday 16th September. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.