£35k per year
about 2 years ago
I am currently looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join the oldest independent school in the UK within its field and one of the most prestigious and competitive in the world based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual to develop within an organisation that is truly unique as an education institute to really make the role their own. As the Health and Safety Coordinator you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to for you to lead on Health and Safety.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work for an educational organisation that is well renowned in its space. This organisation offers an extremely diverse role with a real sense of autonomy in the way you want to manage Health and Safety.
As the Health and Safety Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
- Promoting a positive safety culture throughout the organisation; provide expert and authoritative advice on health and safety issues to managers and staff and work with the Head of Facilities and Estates to develop and review health and safety policy and codes of practice
- Carrying out training to all stakeholders within the business as well as creating a training matrix.
- To promote safe methods of working and conditions; monitor and investigate accidents and dangerous incidents
- Carrying out a variety of operational Health and Safety tasks such as risk assessments and audits.
- To oversee Health and Safety policy and practice applying across all sites and activities
The ideal Health and Safety Coordinator will have:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety is highly desirable)
- 3 years’ experience within a large multi-disciplined organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Local Authority and Consultancy)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner
In return, the successful Health and Safety Coordinator will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 plus package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.