£22k - 24k per year
5 months ago
Health and Safety Coordinator - based in Sproughton, Ipswich – up to £24,000 + benefits – Offering Training and development
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting career opportunity for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join a well-established, thriving and highly reputable organisation based in Sproughton, near Ipswich.
This position is offering you lots of autonomy to make your own mark but also offering training and development to further your skills and experience. You will be responsible the overall health and safety issues on site on a day to day basis and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variety of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety standards. In return our client can offer you development and an opportunity to work on a very autonomous basis, within an organisation who really value their employees and who support health and safety.
The successful Health and Safety Coordinator will report directly to the Site Lead and a Dotted line to the Regional Health and Safety Manager.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Reporting of accident statistics, RIDDOR reports as required and the review of near miss forms
- Development and implementation of risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work
- Carrying out accident investigations, ensuring correct reporting and review and feedback on the quality of accident investigations
- Carrying out the implementation of health & safety toolkits, in order to promote a strong health and safety culture
- Develop and deliver health and safety training
The successful Health and Safety Coordinator will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a health and safety based position
- Ideally a Safety qualification (IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH General Certificate) but not essential
- Experience working within a logistics, warehousing or manufacturing company although not essential
In return, the successful Health and Safety Coordinator will be offered a salary up to £24,000 depending on qualifications and experience, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension and a perks package.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.
If this is of interest to you, please contact Francheska on 01252 954975 or send an email to F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk