£40k - 45k per year
about 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting career opportunity for a Health and Safety Environmental Manager, to join a well-established and highly reputable company based in Keighley, Yorkshire.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through an extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for the health, safety and environment on a day to day basis and when new projects arise. In return our client can offer you the chance to put your own individual stamp on this role and given the full autonomy to make a difference.
The successful Health and Safety Environmental Manager will report directly to the Operations Director.
As a Health and Safety Environmental Manager the role will cover all aspects and matters relating to health, safety and environment within the company, integrating a common-sense approach into the business needs. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards health, safety and environment within their work and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develops and always maintains a professional working relationship with employees at all levels and promote exceptional standards.
- Provides support and advice to all employees as required on all health and safety environmental related issues.
- Carries out accident investigations and produces reports which identify causes and actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Analyses all accident data to identify trends and introduce safe controls where appropriate.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining health and safety audits.
- Take the lead on quarterly health, safety and environmental meetings producing management reports and health, safety and environmental bulletins.
- Providing all employees with health and safety training and induction training.
- Liaising with all occupational staff members, advising on health surveillance where a risk assessment has identified a need and maintain appropriate record.
The successful Health and Safety Environmental Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Minimum three years current HSE experience in manufacturing
In return, the successful Health and Safety Environmental Manager will be offered a salary up to £45,000 depending on qualifications and experience, with a benefits package including; 28days holiday plus bank holidays, discounted offers across a range of shops, childcare vouchers and pension.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.