£35k - 40k per year + package
about 2 years ago
Health, Safety and Security Manager - Education / Local Gov / Property Management / Consultancy - £35k to £40k + package - ASAP
We are currently looking for a Health, Safety and Security Manager to join a well-established educational organisation based in Oxford, covering sites throughout the Oxford area.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that values Health and Safety. As the Health, Safety and Security Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that is truly varied, this varied role in turn will develop and diversify your experience within Health and Safety.
As the Health, Safety and Security Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated. This includes making sure that the Governors and all employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensuring that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented in accordance with the organisations accident reporting procedures.
- Carrying out safety inspections and reporting on findings to the hiring manager and the Health & Safety Committee.
- Establishing a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establishing and operating a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the organisation, including induction of new employees and contract cleaners.
- Managing and developing the security systems and processes for all buildings. This will include the management of procedures, CCTV, entry systems and close liaison with Senior Management to ensure consistency with the organisations aims and values.
The ideal Health, Safety and Security Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent as a minimum (ideally level 5 qualification within occupational health and safety)
- A membership with BIFM is highly desirable but not essential
- 3 years’ experience within a large multi-disciplined organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Local Authority, Education, Consultancy)
- A basic understanding of implementing a system
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Security Manager will be offered a salary of up to £40,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming week. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.