£35k - 42k per year + Package
about 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created role for a Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established and thriving organisation within Edinburgh
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a newly built site in terms of health and safety and work to build a health and safety culture, utilising their previous skills and knowledge, as they see fit!
The successful Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the General Manager, who is also the Head of Health and Safety.
Taking responsibility for the operational development of the HSE function on site, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns and work with the operational workforce and management to build a pro-active mindset on site. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include implementing and transferring over systems from group level, using an already acquired skillset to successfully achieve this.
Key responsibilities of this varying and exciting role include:
- Learning and understanding the company’s unique and innovative approach towards what they produce and how to conduct health and safety accordingly.
- Implementing and transferring management systems from group level and working to achieve the excellent standards replicated by other sites.
- Providing expertise to all operational members across the site on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of contact.
- Working with the workforce on site to achieve an excellent culture and encouraging pro-active behaviours.
- Working with state of the art equipment on a brand-new site and producing risk assessments and safe systems of work around this.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience within a heavy industry background such as power generation, oil and gas, chemical manufacturing or waste management.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent ideally but a NEBOSH General Certificate will be considered for the right candidate.
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of site shut downs and isolation projects.
- Proven success of improving a culture on site and creating a pro-active mindset within the workforce.
With opportunity to implement health and safety as you see fit and work for a company who have achieved prestigious awards for their dedication to health and safety, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.