£45k - 50k per year + benefits
over 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting role for a Health and Safety Manager to join a highly reputable Manufacturing organisation near Manchester.
This position will offer the successful candidate a fulfilling opportunity to continually improve upon the health and safety culture within the business and take it to standards of excellence!
The successful Health, Safety, and Environmental Manager will report directly to the Manufacturing Director and have one direct report themselves.
Taking responsibility for the strategic and operational development of the Health and Safety function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns. This varied role will include developing the health and safety strategy alongside the manufacturing director, mentoring and developing the health and safety administrator and working operationally with staff.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Undertaking a Gap Analysis to ascertain areas for Health and Safety development across the business both in the short term and longer term.
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across the business, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Mentoring and developing one direct report, encouraging them to take on more operational tasks.
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Manufacturing sector
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Tangible evidence of previously improving a health and safety culture and showing their understanding of influencing at all levels of a business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.