£45k - 55k per year + Package
almost 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and dynamic role for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a well renowned manufacturing and engineering organisation near Stoke on Trent
This position will offer the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to continually improve upon the health and safety culture and work to achieve standards of health and safety excellence for a global company.
Taking responsibility across this incredibly busy and fast-moving site, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health, Safety and Environmental queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include working with various people across the site at different levels of the business, working to achieve pro-active behaviours from the workforce and ultimately, improving the health and safety culture across the site.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Undertaking a Gap Analysis to ascertain areas for HSE development across the site both in the short term and longer term.
- Implementing wider company strategy into the site and ensuring it is carried out effectively.
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the site on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted.
- Identifying competency requirements and where training is necessary.
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Manufacturing/engineering sector
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (candidates working towards this will be considered)
- Demonstrable experience in improving a health and safety culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a health and safety capacity.
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.