£33k - 37k per year
almost 2 years ago
Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established and ever-expanding charitable care organization based in Southampton with travel throughout the region.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that concentrates less about profits and more about the staff and wider community they affect who are bought in to Health and Safety and the benefits it brings. Reporting in to the Head of Health and Safety, this is a vital role to ensure the already rapid expansion is handled in the best way for the employees and individuals they care for. As the Health and Safety Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to progress and most of all; develop your career within Health and Safety. The next Health and Safety Manager will ideally be based in or around the Southampton area with travel throughout the region to a range of sites.
As the Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Implement and Maintain Standards
- Ensure that policies, procedures and legislation in Health and Safety is communicated to all staff efficiently.
- Liaise with different departments and teams
- Be the point of contact for all Health and Safety related queries
- Deliver a variety of safety related training in accordance with the divisional delivery plan
- Maintain a positive Health and Safety culture
- Carry out compliance audits
- Review H&S risk assessments and special assessments for each of the sites
- Oversee all accidents and near-miss incidents and investigate where appropriate.
- Coordinate and chair regular H&S representative meetings.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBSOH Diploma or equivalent level 5 qualification in Occupational Health and Safety highly desirable)
- Experience in a similar role in a multi-site environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in carrying out health, safety and quality procedures within the field and office qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Current knowledge and experience of Health, Safety and Quality management systems.
- Be able to work autonomously and plan their own diary.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £37,000 and excellent package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability as early as next week Wednesday the 20th of March. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.