£45k - 55k per year
almost 2 years ago
Health and Safety Manager - £45-55K plus package including – Based around Chichester
Principal People are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager in partnership with an exceptional, Family run business who are a leader within their specialist field. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high performing business who have great relationship with major supermarkets within the UK. As a highly regarded Food Manufacturing organisation, they hold excellent core values and would offer a Health and Safety professional a chance to make this role their own and free range to change and develop health and safety systems onsite.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will need to have great organisational skills and the ability to work with different levels of staff. You will be required to cover the sites within the business that are based around the Chichester area and ensure regular audits are conducted, all Health and Safety training is delivered, and appropriate incident investigations are carried out.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with and managing the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to.
- Initially, doing a gap analysis of the business in terms of health and safety and seeing where immediate improvements need to be made.
- Setting a companywide Health and Safety strategy and drive this forward on the sites.
- Improving the process for accident investigations and root cause analysis, helping safety performance to improve dramatically from this.
- Conducting and reviewing accident investigations.
- Carrying out audits across the sites as and when needed and making sure the sites are adhering to the standards.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification.
- Have a Grad IOSH membership.
- Experience within manufacturing/food ideally but other industries considered if the candidate shows the right attitude.
In return you will receive:
- £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience.
- Company Car.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Private health care cover.
- Discretionary Bonus.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.