£35k - 40k per year
over 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting role for a Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established and thriving organisation on a multi-site basis with travel to Swindon, Bristol and some travel to Kent
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a newly built site in terms of health and safety and work to build a health and safety culture, utilising their previous skills and knowledge, as they see fit!
Taking responsibility for the operational development of the HSE function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns and work with the operational workforce and management to build a pro-active mindset across the sites.
Key responsibilities of this varying and exciting role include:
- Learning and understanding the company’s unique and innovative approach towards what they produce and how to conduct health and safety accordingly.
- Implementing and transferring management systems from group level and working to achieve the excellent standards replicated by other sites.
- Providing expertise to all operational members across the site on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of contact.
- Working with the workforce to achieve an excellent culture and encouraging pro-active behaviours.
- Working with state of the art equipment on a brand-new site and producing risk assessments and safe systems of work around this.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience within backgrounds such as manufacturing or waste management.
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven success of improving a culture on site and creating a pro-active mindset within the workforce.
With the opportunity to help set up a new site and establish the health and safety on that site, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.