£45k - 50k per year + Package
almost 2 years ago
I am currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established Education organisation based in Brighton.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a global organisation that offers a range of services to both national and international students in education organisations throughout the UK.
As the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for strategically implementing a range operational work across a wide variety of education organisations all over the UK. You will have a
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity join an organisation that is well renowned in its space as the leading company of its kind. This organisation offers a diverse role with a variety of multisite travel (as of when needed) and a real sense of autonomy in the way you want to manage safety.
As the Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Primarily providing support to the activities of the Estates and Facilities Management teams
- Working collaboratively with the HR team to generate positive occupational health and wellbeing outcomes for staff
- Providing food hygiene support to Catering teams
- Being the primary point of contact for organisational H&S queries
- Production of all primary H&S policy, procedure and process documents
- Delivering a programme of H&S induction and further training to increase organisational H&S competence
- Management of organisational H&S incident reporting
- Oversight of Fire Safety Risk Assessment programme
- Oversight of a H&S audit programme
- Ensuring suitable investigation and action in response to significant incidents
- Reporting on H&S initiatives as required
- Line Manager to the H&S Auditor and Estates & Office Assistant
- Preparation and management of a H&S Budget
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety qualification (Degree within Occupational Health and Safety is desirable)
- A Graduate membership status with IOSH or applicable for Grad status (Ideally CMIOSH)
- Working knowledge of safeguarding children in practice
- Good Facilities management experience
- L2 Food Safety qualification
- Line management experience
- Budget management experience
- Auditing experience
- H&S training qualification or a good experience
- Experience of working for a multi-site and multi-layered commercial organisation
- Experience with IS14001 and general Environmental management
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £50,000 plus benefits package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.