Southend on Sea
£43k - 48k per year + benefits
about 1 year ago
Health and Safety Manager – Up to £48k – High Risk Manufacturing environment
Principal People are working with a specialised, well-established and growing manufacturing organisation based near Southend on sea, who are looking for a Health and Safety Manager to become their subject matter expert onsite.
If you are searching for a fresh challenge with the support and structure in place to truly enhance your knowledge and skillset as a Health and Safety professional, then this could be an excellent opportunity for you. The successful Health and Safety Manager will be part of a growing and successful team, with the autonomy to be able to make your own mark.
Why work for this company?
- Able to make the role your own as you will be the sole Health and Safety professional on site
- They already have a good standard of EHS at the site, the successful candidate will be able to build on this.
- Will be part of a growing and successful team
- Management on site have a great appreciation of Health and Safety
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have responsibilities including the following:
- Promote a positive and innovative safety culture, seeking and contributing to the Safe for Life programme, and engaging with business management to ensure lessons learned are understood and embedded.
- Provide competent and technical health, safety and occasional environmental advice (HS& EA) and guidance to business management working in partnership with assurance managers.
- Play an active role in the development and delivery of safety management system, objectives and work programmes.
- Support and assist with the assessment of risks; scrutinising, coaching and developing assessor competency, and providing “hands-on” input in respect of complex and / or high hazard activities.
- Liaise with customers, enforcement authorities, HS&E professional bodies, insurance or audit companies, as required.
- Support practical implementation and delivery of HS&E legislation, policy, strategy and objectives; applying high professional standards through building a strong professional internal network.
- Reviewing of risk assessments and method statements.
Essential requirements include:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- The ability to communicate and engage with all levels of personnel
- High risk environment experience is the preference but will consider further candidates if they have a strong facilities basis
This is a fantastic opportunity and in return they offer a salary of up to £48,000, plus 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension of up to 7% match, Share incentive plan, life cover, childcare vouchers, health cash plan, private medical insurance, dental insurance and extra annual leave.
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to apply.