£42,292 - 52,176 per year
about 1 year ago
I am currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established Education organisation based in Central London on a part-time basis of 21 hours per week (flexibility on days with a preference of 3 days a week). This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to make a difference. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same.
As the Health and Safety Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within a higher education organisation that is the world’s leading institute within its specialist area. The successful candidate will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites all within a half mile radius.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a University who are well respected in their space and have recently being going under significant change. The role is extremely varied as you will be working across all departments within the University and engaging with individuals at all levels to promote a positive Health and Safety culture. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Drive continuous improvement of Health and Safety Management in the higher education organisation through cultural change, development, and the effective management of comprehensive based risk assessments, across all relevant areas
- Lead the auditing and monitoring of health and safety management procedures ensuring legislative compliance. Ensure that frequencies of audit are in accordance with risk.
- Provide advice and guidance to the organisation about fire safety, accident management, and requirements in respect of the health and safety needs of people with disabilities, ensuring appropriate monitoring, action planning and reporting procedures are in place.
- Lead the development and review of policies and practices and establish and develop risk review mechanisms.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (will consider individuals with extensive relevant experience within similar role at a NEBOSH General Certificate level)
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education and Local Authority)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner (experience with OHSAS 18001 desirable)
- A membership with IOSH
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £52,176 plus 42 days leave, an exceptional pension scheme.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.