£55k - 60k per year
about 2 years ago
Health and Safety Manager – up to + £60,000 + Package – Swanscombe
Principal People are excited to be recruiting an experienced Health and Safety Manager based in Swanscombe. You will have the opportunity to develop and implement new Health and Safety initiatives and develop a strategy to continuously improve the safety culture across the business. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the site leaders to ensure safety practices are being implemented.
This is a great opportunity to work within an industry leading business who hold health and safety as one of their core values. In this role you will report directly to the SHEQ Director having the ability to make changes onsite. You will also have a team of six health and safety professional reporting to you.
What’s in it for you?
- A true ability to make this role their own and make a real difference within the business
- Exciting progression opportunities within this role to progress to a Head of Health and Safety in the near future
- COMAH training, enabling you to become a COMAH specialist within this role
- The chance to put your own stamp on the role
- A true opportunity to be a leader of change
You will be required to:
- Continually work to improve and develop the site health and safety culture
- Working with senior managers within the business on a clear H&S strategy
- Developing and implementing short- and long-term plans within the H&S department from both a strategic and hands on approach
- Ensure the H&S culture is fed through the different business units
- Work closely with all levels of the business to make sure that everybody understands the importance of H&S.
- Investigate accidents and carry out investigations and work on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma
- Have COMAH or HAZOP or HAZID experience
- Want to develop as a health and safety professional
- Experience within a manufacturing environment or similar
- Experience of managing a team.
This is ideal for someone who wants to take the next step in the health and safety career into an organisation who truly want to see you develop and professionally grow. In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £60,000 depending on qualifications and experience plus attractive benefits package.
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application by sending your up to date CV to F.Johnston@Principalpeople.co.uk and avoid missing this exceptional opportunity.