over 1 year ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join a fast growing and international organisation, incredibly well established within their field and currently market leading.
Operating in over 10 countries, the business adopts a forward thinking and innovative approach. They take pro-active measures to ensure they are managing their environmental impact and have recently invested heavily into this. Furthermore, their vision of becoming the most compliant logistics company within the UK, ensures that you will receive excellent support and backing from the top!
The position can be based anywhere within the South West; however, you will ideally be a commutable distance from Bristol. This is a superb opportunity to inspire and engage with the teams on the various sites and to engage the workforce and increase the standard of Health and Safety across the business.
This is a field-based role supporting the site Health and Safety Managers with driving the Health and Safety function forward. With it being an incredibly operational role, it will give you a great opportunity to have a hands-on approach to Heath and Safety, build excellent relationships and develop and implement strategies.
Health & Safety Manager – Logistics / Warehousing –
The minimum requirements are:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience within a Health and Safety position previously
- Experience within a Logistics, Warehousing or Transport Industry
The key duties include:
- Working with the site General Managers and Health and Safety Managers in setting a proactive strategy to Health and Safety
- Provide updates on the group health and safety strategy and implement these changes when they occur
- Coaching people within the business on safe practices
- Travelling between the different sites and coaching the site teams on safety procedures
- Investigating accidents and investigations and working on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring with the site teams
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org