£38k - 45k per year
7 months ago
Health and Safety Manager - 38k-45K plus package based near Swalwell
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created Health and Safety Manager position to join a highly reputable up and coming Civil Engineering and Utilities organisation within the North East.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Health and Safety function within the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing business, who have consistently grown and gained additional contracts.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Health and Safety function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing policies and procedures to ensure compliance and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of Health and Safety across the business.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will be reporting into the Managing Director of the business and hold the following key responsibilities:
- Reviewing and creating HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all Health and Safety matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Conduct site audits, site inspections and accident investigations as required
- Attend regular internal and client meetings
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Utilities, Civil Engineering or Construction industries.
- NEBOSH General or NEBOSH Construction certificate as a minimum
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- UK Driving License
In return the salary is £38-£45k + company car or commercial vehicle + Travel expenses + pension scheme + 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.