£43k - 48k per year
over 1 year ago
Newly created position - Health and Safety Manager – based in Gravesend with some travel around London – offering a salary up to £48,000 + attractive benefits
I am currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join a highly successful and well-established industrial organisations based in Gravesend with some travel to 5 sites within the London area.
This is a newly created position within the company offering the opportunity to come in with fresh eyes, putting your own stamp on the role and the chance to make a real difference! The successful Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety.
Why work for this company?
- Be a part of a highly Successful company established in 1968
- Lots of variation of scope within the position
- A company who truly cares about their employees offering market leading wellbeing and flexibility benefits
- Reports into a leader in the HSE field who would be an excellent mentor
- A great opportunity to progress the companies HSE culture
- A true ability to make this role their own and make a real difference within the business
You will be required to:
- Coach senior managers and team leaders and work through improvements collaboratively
- Modernise the companies HSE processes and programmes
- Develop and implement short and long-term plans within the H&S department
- Investigate accidents / incidents and carrying out investigations, working on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring
- Maintain the ISO management systems onsite.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate or similar e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate / NEBOSH Environmental Certificate.
- 4+ years’ experience within a focused Health and Safety role, ideally within a heavy environment like Construction, Engineering, Distribution, Civil engineering or Manufacturing.
- Ideally some experience of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001 management systems and an awareness of ISO 45001 is highly desirable.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £48,000 depending on qualifications and experience + attractive benefits package including 28 days annual leave, 8.07% CARE pensions scheme, private medical insurance, free parking, 35 hour working week