£40k - 48k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 month ago
Principal People are exclusively working with a International Logistics Company and are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to work on a large manufacturing site based near Speke.
This role will offer a great opportunity to inspire and engage with the teams on the different sites to engage the workforce and increase the standard of Health and Safety across the business.
This role is based on a large site, and will involve leading a team of 3 Health and Safety Advisors so experience leading a team is highly advantageous. It is a very operational position which will give you an opportunity to have a hands on approach to Heath and Safety work closely with the site teams.
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager – Logistics – Speke– £44-49K
The minimum requirements are:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Diploma level preferred)
- Experience in managing a Health and Safety Team (Desirable)
- Experience within a Logistics, Warehousing, Manufacturing or Transportation Industry
The key duties include:
- Working with the site operational team and implementing proactive strategy to Health and Safety
- Being a senior member of the Health and Safety Department and leading the direction of the Safety plan
- Leading and developing a team of 3 Health and Safety Advisors within the Business
- Coaching people within the business on Safe practices
- Investigating accidents and investigations and working on a solution to reduce the risk of these reoccurring
What is good about this role?:
- You will be leading a team of Health and Safety Advisors, so you will have the opportunity to develop them as professionals
- You will be working in a fast paced environment, where every day is different
- The company are one of the biggest companies within their industry
- The company have always had a focus upon personal development and progression, and have recently promoted the group director from within the business
- They have had lots of investment into the division and site recently, increasing site productivity
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today.