£40k - 45k per year
01252 759 162
10 months ago
Principal People are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager in partnership with an exceptional private school based in Surrey.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a prestigious education establishment being the Lead for Health and Safety across two diverse sites. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and well-established safety professional looking to make a difference. As the Health and Safety Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within an education provider who offer services to individuals from 3-18.
The organisation has a long and illustrious history stretching back to the early part of the 20th Century which give you the feeling of being part of more than your average education provider. The successful Health and Safety Manager will report directly into the executive board and join an environment in which health and safety is a key priority.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will be responsible:
- To liaise with the enforcing authorities on H&S and fire safety matters where required.
- To support the Estates/Facilities team in managing key risks such as fire, gas, electrical, asbestos, legionella etc.
- To ensure that all contractors working at any of the school sites adhere to the relevant health and safety regulations and to ensure that any equipment that they are using that belongs to the school or any areas that they are working in are not hazardous or dangerous to them.
- To identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by legislation, Approved Codes of Practice or HSE guidance and arrange such training/certification as required.
- Qualified to a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 qualification within Occupational Health and Safety (NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma / Masters / BSC)
- Candidates with a training background or at least an ability to lead a training session to individuals at all levels with a different approach to most to ensure attendees are engaged is vital.
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education yet open to other relevant multi-disciplined backgrounds that have similar dynamics)
- To have a thorough understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. And subsequent regulations, and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- At least 3 years Health and Safety Management experience as the lead (open to applicants who may have less experience managing a team but have lead on Health and Safety for a multi-disciplined organisation or department)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships across multiple sites to improve a wider safety culture.
- Strong IT skills, able to interrogate a database of data and to make improvements to the process of capturing the required data.
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with:
- Between £40,000 - £45,000 basic salary dependent on experience
- An excellent staff training fund to support future professional development
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Package
- Employee Assistance Package
- 28 days + bank holidays + 3 extra days over Christmas (To be taken during school holidays)
- An excellent pension scheme with 5% from employees and 10% from employer.
- A choice of hot lunches, a delicious salad bar and range of desserts are provided daily in the Staff Dining Room during term time.
- Free parking
If this is of interest to you, please contact Bradley French on 01252 954 955 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org