£30k - 35k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 year ago
Principal People are currently working exclusively with a prestigious logistics organisation to recruit for a Health and Safety Manager to hold an operational role within their Health and Safety Department.
The role is very flexible, and you will be in full control of your own diary. You will have the opportunity to work from home, out of the office site in Swindon and be on the road visiting the three sites within the cluster. The sites are Swindon, Middleton, Daventry and Redditch.
The successful individual with be solely responsible for providing day-to-day advice and guidance to the site management team in relation to the development, maintenance, and compliance with the Health and Safety management system and external certification standards. You will be the individual liaising with the customer to make sure all the compliance and training has been conducted.
Reporting to the Head of SHEQ, you will work in a team playing a key part in establishing Health and Safety procedures and practices on a single-site basis.
Health and Safety Manager – Swindon (Travel to Middleton, Redditch and Daventry) – Up to £35K + £4K Car Allowance - Logistics
The key responsibilities of the successful Health and Safety Manager will be:
- Carrying out risk assessments and audits on the customer sites
- Carrying method statements
- Conducting toolbox talks
- Carrying out health and safety training
- Being the point of contact for all customer enquiries and issues
- Working with the onsite team to ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Making sure all training and compliance has been completed to the standard of the company
What makes this a great opportunity?:
- You will have the opportunity to work with a great HSEQ Manager who has a passion on internal development and progression
- The division of the business is growing, so there will be an opportunity for the role to grow as well in the future
- This role will be very independent, offering you the opportunity to work both autonomously or with support and guidance from group
- There is a flexible approach to working, offering you the opportunity to choose your working location whether that be from home or the Swindon site for the majority of the week
- As the role will be covering 4 sites, you will have the opportunity to develop your regional experience and meet new people
- The company have a strong focus upon employee wellbeing
The successful Health and Safety Manager will:
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate (prefered) or IOSH Managing Safely
- Possess experience working within a logistics, warehousing or manufacturing environment
- Have a positive working attitude and great communication skills
- Have HSE experience ideally within an operational role
In return the successful candidate with benefit from a salary of £30K to £35k + £4K Car Allowance + package.
If you are interested in this position and would like to have a confidential conversation to discuss it further please email your CV to email@example.com or alternatively give me a call on 01252954966.