£40k - 60k per year
01252 759 162
9 months ago
Newly created position – H&S Manager – Salary up to £60,000 + attractive benefits package – North Chichester
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an innovative and forward-thinking organisation who have an incredibly exciting and rewarding position for a Health and Safety Manager to join them on a full-time basis. The role will have a very heavy focus upon site engagement and Health and Safety culture.
You will have the opportunity to develop and implement new Health and Safety initiatives and develop a strategy to continuously improve the safety culture across the site. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the site leaders to ensure safety practices are being implemented.
This is a great opportunity to work within an industry leading business who hold health and safety as one of their core values. In this role you will report directly to a Head of Health and Safety and Risk.
Why work for this company?
- Offering ample development and training opportunities to help your career development.
- A great deal of scope for this individual working with many different risks, having the opportunity to implement your own individual mark onto site.
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to get involved with new projects that arise in EHS.
- Being part of a fully invested team with excellent buy-in to H&S from the business and Site Leader.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Site General Manager as their H&S Business Partner, to deliver Health and Safety accountabilities and improvement plans.
- Coaching and influencing Managers to ensure delivery of improvement plans.
- Co-ordinate all the health and safety for the organisation.
- Providing health and safety advice to the operational management team.
- Monitoring standards and procedures.
- Creating a positive health and safety culture.
- Identify H&S risks and develop effective risk reduction.
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety.
- 4 + years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role, ideally within a manufacturing environment although not essential.
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.