£30k - 36k per year
01252 759 162
19 days ago
H&S Manager – Holmewood, Yorkshire - up to £30K-36K + attractive benefits package
Principal People are delighted to have exclusively partnered with a forward thinking; specialised award-winning manufacturing company based in Holmewood Yorkshire. The position is working within the HSE Operations Department and will have a strong focus upon behavioural safety engagement towards Health, Safety and Environment. The role will involve leading the Health and Safety Functions and will require looking at new strategies for the site then ensuring the new strategy is communicated through the senior leadership team and shop floor.
Why work for this company?
- Working for a prestigious company offering ample development and training opportunities
- A great deal of scope for this individual to make a real difference within the role
- Lots of variation within the role and chance to get involved with new projects that arise in HSE
- The company work to good standard in terms of H&S, but this is an opportunity to push it towards greatness
- Being part of a fully invested team. The Director of the company is a former HSE Professional himself and high expectations for HSE are driven through the business.
The key duties include:
- Supporting ongoing engagement of continuous improvement programmes, working closely with site managers to coach and influence them in health and Safety.
- Contribute to the H&S strategy and direction.
- Proving support on risk assessments, safe systems of work and inspections, including briefing and training.
- Driving H&S performance forward onsite
- Supporting and developing two Junior H&S members who will directly report into you.
The ideal will possess as a minimum:
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- 5 + years of experience in a Health and Safety focussed role, ideally within a manufacturing or engineering or Logistics environments although not essential.
A salary ranging from £30,000 - £36,000 depending on experience, plus additional benefits including Bonus of up to 10%, Death in Service, Contributory pension, Working hours 8am – 4:30pm and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If the opportunity is of interest, please apply today or email me on F.Johnston@principalpeople.co.uk
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.